Re: rotax 912 pistons

Subject: Re: rotax 912 pistons
From: ami mcfadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:35:07
Looked into this one some time ago. Some seemingly independent and trusted
sources said that there was an improvement.
When I challenged the vendors from a theoretical stand point (ie increasing
compression does increase efficiency and power output, but not by nearly the
amount claimed) they responded by saying that they had measured the numbers
on a dyno. All I`d say to that is that ,firstly, dynos are often poorly
calibrated and/or optimistic and, secondly, I think part of the power
increase came from quoting HP to SAE rather than DIN.

Duncan McFadyean