Decision time

Subject: Decision time
From: Rob Waters <robw@iprolink.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 20:08:34
I've been mostly just lurking here for nearly a year now, taking in the
information and comments. I've also been doing the same on a couple of
other kit plane mail lists, and following the progress on several
builder's web sites. It's a great way to get a feel for a design, and
the supplier, when you are trying to choose a kit. But then it was
decision time. My selection process had eliminated all but the Europa
and the MCR-01 Ban Bi. So as there is limited opportunity to really
evaluate these aircraft here in NZ, off I went to England. I spent 10
days just talking about, looking at and flying in kit-planes. I saw 19
Europas alone. A perfect holiday really. And the end result. Last Friday
I ordered a tri-gear Europa kit.

I'd particularly like to thank Gerry Holland, Paddy, Jim Fell, Bob
Harrison, Paul Lowe, Graham Singleton and Mike Smith for taking the time
to talk to me, show me their aircraft, and in some cases even take me
flying while I was in the UK. Also Tony Krzyzewski and Gavin Lee in NZ
who have done the same previously.

So now you'll have to put up with my dumb questions as I get my project
started later in the year.

Rob Waters
kit 437   (awaiting delivery)   ZK-ROB