Re: Heaters

Subject: Re: Heaters
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 08:41:55
Hi Paul - I think this came up a while back.  My experience is :

1) fitted a branched 2" Al. concertina pipe system from heat exchanger to
both footwells.
(the only way to get it all in was to Redux in my own T branch; there is no
room for metal T's and hoseclips.   The footwell apertures had metal flaps
rotating between stops.

Result - overwhelming heat, even when off !

2) Overheating cabin in summer is a bigger problem, even in Scotland.  After
all, less of your  hp goes to pull you along than is lost in elswhere. So
took the input to the pipes from a vent under the propeller.  Result - more
heat !   The Al. pipes just picked up the engine radiation and roasted the
incoming cold air.

3) Took it all off. Instead fitted closable slots at bottom of windscreen - a
breath of fresh air at last !  (Naca scoops next to legs, only cooled legs
and didn't seem to do much for the cabin.)

4) Have also vented the top of the cowling over the carbs., hopefully to
densify air, but nothing significant noted power-wise.  However instrument
panel has dropped 10 deg. C which is good news for the TFT screen.

Graham C  G-EMIN