Re: Cheap Epoxy Brushes

Subject: Re: Cheap Epoxy Brushes
From: James Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 08:43:10
A further saving can be made by using cellulose thinners instead of acetone
as the cleaning agent. Standard cellulose thinners  can be obtained in the
UK from car paint shops for about GBP9.00 for a 25lt drum or even less if
you shop around.  I found it performs just as well for cleaning all the
tools, but you have to be careful of anything plastic. The standard Europa
mixing cups are not affected however, so it is even economic to wash and re
use them a few times. Also as a bonus I found it did not affect the
Plexiglas so it was very useful for cleaning  up after fitting and painting,
but don't take my word, try it on a scrap bit first !

Jim

From: Edward Gladstone [SMTP:Ted_Gladstone@compuserve.com]