Narco 810 comms.

Subject: Narco 810 comms.
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 16:31:10
Anyone had a fault like this.  After switch-on the received signal vanishes
after a few seconds to a minute (as evidenced by listening to the local
ATIS).  Of course it is a great problem if you are tuned to a not very busy
ATC fequency. Can be restored instantly by switching off then on immediately.
 This behaviour is present always below about 15 deg. C. though oddly enough
I have run it in the fridge with no problem !   I know of another
installation with the same behaviour. He has taken to keeping it in the
house.  Haven't got anything out of Narco via the vendor so far.

Graham C.  G-EMIN