CAD dimension request

Subject: CAD dimension request
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 20:37:23
Andy,
Can you please have a look at your CAD and supply me with angles of the
bottom skin at the root, 5mm rib,and tip please? I noticed my angular
difference between root and tip of my first flap is 0.7 degree. When
measuring my second flap I noticed my root block appears to have no washout
cut into it and all the angular difference appears to be in the outboard
block. I am setting it up so it matches the first one and figure I should
be able to make up a couple of timber jigs to attach to this first skin, if
I know the dimensions, so that when I invert them onto my bench for the
second layup I will be able to jig exactly the correct washout. (I know the
washout is hard to measure when the datum is the top of the 1st skin.)
The plan is to have jigs precut and lay them onto peel ply at the root,
mid, and tip location ontop of peel ply as the first skin is layed up. I
figure I can then invert them and bond the jigs to the benchtop to get the
correct twist. I should add that my flaps are not at all similar off the
bench, which is why I wish such advice.
Thanks Andy, and I hope you can help.
Reg
Tony Renshaw