Re: battery shelf life

Subject: Re: battery shelf life
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 12:18:25
>I was in a rush the other day, so I didn't follow up properly. Would it
>diminish an RG  battery's service life to have it sit around for 6-9 months
>before putting it in active use? How about hitting it with a brief
>discharge/charge every couple months?

  Have you already purchased it? I'd rather see you run
  your system on a car or marine battery patched into
  the system . . . or with a ground power supply like those
  sold on our website. Wait until you're ready to fly before
  putting the "real" battery in place.

  If you already have the battery, a short stint on a charger
  every 90 days will suffice to keep it up . . .

       Bob . . .
                       ////
                      (o o)
       <  Independence Kansas: the     >