Re: Stator Mod - Note 2

Subject: Re: Stator Mod - Note 2
From: nigelcharles <NigelCharles@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 11:56:22
Message text written by "Chris Beath"
>The Rotax agent in New Zealand said that he has broken a lock pin because
of
the amount of torque required (which meant he then had to strip the engine
down) and strongly recommends instead to use a pneumatic impact wrench on
the rear nut. I suppose the theory is that the short sharp jarring on the
nut will provide the breakout force required without applying too much
torque to the crankshaft.

My replacement stator is still 3 weeks away so I'd be interested in
feedback
---From anyone who tries this first!
<

According to Neville at the Europa factory it is possible to insert the
bolt with the crankshaft not quite in the right position. This allows a
small movement when under load which increases shear stresses on the bolt