N152MT is weighed ....

Subject: N152MT is weighed ....
From: Martin J.Tuck <102034.2747@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 14:42:43
N152MT is weighed ....

I managed to borrow some scales and weigh N152MT. A guy in our EAA Chapter
loans them out (for free) although at first he couldn't quite figure out
why I would only need one big scale and the small tailwheel scale - until
he remembered it was the Europa we were weighing.

Anyhow with the aid of a couple of friends we got ourselves set up in the
driveway and had a weight and balance session.

It's not until you level the airplane that you realize the slope of the
driveway but with the aid of some foam blocks managed to get everything
leveled and weighed.

The result was an A.P.S of 773 lb and slightly nose heavy (59.4 inches).
Doing some further calcs, two people, 30 lb baggage and 70 lb fuel puts the
CG at 60.05 which is right in the middle of the CG range. I don't therefore
intend fitting any ballast which I thought I might as I located the battery
on the front bulkhead shelf in the engine bay.

I have the Europa Classic with XS firewall forward and a Rotax 912. This
being Memorial Day weekend I'm hoping to go over to Jabara and do some
engine runs.

I took some pictures so I'll get them on my website as soon as I have them
developed.

Regards

Martin Tuck
N152MT