Earthing during refuelling

Subject: Earthing during refuelling
From: nigelcharles <NigelCharles@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 05:42:41
I also read the EAA article about earthing whilst refuelling. Although I
cannot remember the detail I decided to incorporate the following
precautions.

1. Electrically bond the fuel filler neck and tank outlet fittings to the
aircraft earth .
2. Earth the aircraft (on the exhaust) and the jerry can using crocodile
clips to a spike in the ground.
3. Ensure contact between the can and the filler neck at all times whilst
pouring fuel.

If using plastic cans it is still worth taking the above precautions as
they help stop static buildup which is a particular problem for plastic
containers.

Nigel Charles