Just joining the europa.net

Subject: Just joining the europa.net
From: Christine Timm <cptimm@intergate.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 08:22:49
Introduction and hello .....

On behalf of my husband Peter, I've volunteered to be the communicator while
he is the builder.
We have a mono wheel kit no. 110 under construction and have been using some
of the mods
such as the tail wheel extension but it is basically a classic.  After
recently installing the control
cables and all the other bits and pieces that are easier to do before
joining the two parts of the
fuselage, we finally did just that.  Gluing it into place just a week ago.
While I was in England
last year, I picked up the various pieces that Graham Singleton has
developed including the
rudder post.  Yesterday Peter mounted the fin so, at last, it is looking
like a real plane.  The wings
etc. have been filled and sanded three times, so far but we know there is a
lot more to do!

We are very excited about the motor glider wings and look forward to more
news of their
performance as both of us are glider pilots who have turned to power flying
late in life.  Peter,
has been retired for five years but is very active as a tow pilot now,
flying a Citabria with a 180 hp mod. up in Pemberton, British Columbia (near
the Whistler ski resort) so is missing the building hours but keeping very
current with his  tail dragger hours.

We are beginning to think about upholstery and would like to hear how others
have handled this
aspect of the building phase.  Also, we have the Rotax 912S waiting to be
installed so would be
interested in any experiences members have had with this engine.

Greetings from Canada
Chris Timm