Re: Mass Balance Weights

Subject: Re: Mass Balance Weights
From: Paul and Liz Atkinson <paulliz@cix.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 07:41:38
In article <3.0.5.32.19990427130534.007c5ea0@ozemail.com.au>,
renshaw@ozemail.com.au (Tony Renshaw) wrote:

> John,
> Like Paul I am not far off my mass balance weights installation. I
however
> have a Europa Classic. Is there a benefit in waiting until after I have
> built my wings? I suppose it may not matter, "the apple before the
cart" so
> to speak. I figure either way, you either build an aileron complete
and
> make a wing to accomodate, or visa versa. Any thoughts?
>
> Reg
> Tony Renshaw

Tony

I would leave your weights until you have a wing to fit to. It may save
you having to refit the weights later. I found that I needed to do a fair
amount of trail and error fitting before I could get the required range
of aileron operation. I wouldn't consider trying to change the wing to
accommodate your completed ailerons, you might end up with some
unwanted lumps just where you don't want them!!

By the way, Do they really use apples to pull carts, down under? :-)

Paul Atkinson