Re: Trim tabs and beyond

Subject: Re: Trim tabs and beyond
From: Fillinger@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 00:03:35
>I have a question which popped up as I fitted the port tailplane to its
>respective stabilator.  How much the clearance between the
>aforementioned parts will be reduced once the tab is filled?  Assuming
>it will change enough to require some additional sanding, is it OK to
>wait until the tab is filled and sanded before readjusting the clearance
>or should I take some extra off now?

Steve --

Having recently completed filling of the tailplane et. al., that's easy.  Do
the final
sanding of the edges later.  Filler will not add anything to the edge of
fiberglass flanges, nor do you want any there.  However, it is a nuisance to
work with
filler at the edges, as they can wind up raggedy and time-consuming to fix.
Hence, it's nice to be able to sand off more flange to produce a nice edge.
So,
when they say on any flange to sand to a gap of x mm, don't do quite that much
until the filler step.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063