Re: Terra Avionics & panel clearance

Subject: Re: Terra Avionics & panel clearance
From: DaveBuzz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:30:43
In a message dated 10/04/99 18:55:16 GMT Daylight Time, pma@obtero.net writes:
<< I am considering purchasing a secondhand Terra Nav/Glideslope and a Terra
 transponder.  Has anyone fitted Terra units to their Europa ?.    Will it
fit ?

 Paul, it will just fit in the centre panel but you will need to support the
mounting frame, and the wiring will be very close up against the rear of the
firewall.
  I fitted a terror comm and transponder, and made a cut out in the firewall
covered by a stainless steel sheet for more room. PFA approved, quote G-BXUM.
  If its cheap enough then it may be a bargain, but there are more supportive
manufacturers of nav/comm/xpdr kit on the market, and most of the emails
detailing problems with comms have been referring to terra's. According to
Trimble UK at Hook, Hants, they are unable to support Terra kit and their
recommendation when i phoned with a query was 'send it back to the states'.
If they work, fine - just hope they keep working!

chus, dave
g-bxum