Re: TP12 and loctite

Subject: Re: TP12 and loctite
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 23:53:32
>I have failed to bond my TP12's to the tube in situ, even with the
>"penetrating"  type of Loctite (209).

Jens Gralfs for one. Also Big Jim Naylor, who has tempo exported himself to
Aus.

>Andy is away, but I am told the factory are not treating this as a problem
>and are not intending to offer any solution.

My understanding is that they WILL offer a solution. This is to remove the
torque tube from the airplane, reassemble the TP12s etc and ream the holes
to take oversize pins. This will require at least as much gymnastix as my
plan. PFA have told me I can try my expanding pins on G-KWIP, which I plan
to do soon. My test sample appears to work without reaming the holes.

Graham