TP12 and loctite

Subject: TP12 and loctite
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 17:41:49
I have failed to bond my TP12's to the tube in situ, even with the
"penetrating"  type of Loctite (209). This was after attempting to flush the
gap with solvent under air pressure to clean it.   Has anyone  succeeded in
this? or do we have to go through the arduous gymnastic exercise devised by
Graham S. ?

Andy is away, but I am told the factory are not treating this as a problem
and are not intending to offer any solution. A possible solution is to
bond/rivet an external flanged ring to the tube and TP12 drive plate, but it
would then be necessary to resite the  TP5 further into the tailplane to make
space for it.

Graham C.  G-EMIN