Re: U/C Mod

Subject: Re: U/C Mod
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:30:17
>Graham,
>
>Surely the problem is a bearing strength one, not a poor fit of the pin in
>the hole from manufacture.  If it's bearing strength, then an expanding pin
>will only provide a temporary solution.
>
>Dave Simpson

That remains to be seen. My gut feeling is that it's a function of poor fit
allowing hammering to occur during taxying. Like a loose joint in the
middle of a see saw? If it was bearing strength one might expect more rapid
wear of the holes.

 If so the expanding pin should work. If not then Loctite would seem to be
the best answer.

Graham