Addit Plies in Aileron Closeouts -Reply

Subject: Addit Plies in Aileron Closeouts -Reply
From: MARK CLARK <CLAM@kidd.Co.Za>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 09:51:36

--=_E6B0D50D.82E3895E

I was considering removing the anchor nuts from the hinge and fitting
them to a 1.6 mm aluminium plate mounted above the hinge. This plate is
bent to run up the inclined section of the closeout by 20 mm. After
waxing the hinge this is then "Reduxed" to the closeout , screws
tightened and left to cure.  This will form a composite sandwich
structure with a much increased 2nd moment of area. Can't imagine an
extra ply added to the six already there will increase the stiffness
significantly.

M C CLARK

>>> Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au> 2/April/1999 01:45pm

Gidday,
Can someone please help me to find the reference to  the no. of
additional
plies to place in both the aileron closeouts and the trailing edge of the
wing closeouts (Mark I)? I know I have read it recently as the
suggestion
of addit. plies was made to minimise flex cracking of finished paintwork I
believe. Thanks in anticipation
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Builder No.236
The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK -
info@avnet.co.uk
--=_E6B0D50D.82E3895E

Can someone please help me to find the reference to  the no. of additional
plies to place in both the aileron closeouts and the trailing edge of the
wing closeouts (Mark I)? I know I have read it recently as the suggestion
of addit. plies was made to minimise flex cracking of finished paintwork I
believe. Thanks in anticipation
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Reg