Re: First Flight

Subject: Re: First Flight
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 11:18:16
Gary,

Re your comment on trim tab for the rudder. You might try the following
:-

Apply a Flettner strip to the trailing edge of the rudder similar to the
application on the anti-servo tabs. However, apply to ONE side of the
rudder only. This could be applied initially in different lengths with
duct tape to determine effectiveness before final attachment.

I do not have hands on experience of this type of tab and am uncertain
on how powerful it is but I believe it is worth a try as I think it is a
bit more elegant than a conventional fixed tab.

Cheers, John