RE: How do you clean...

Subject: RE: How do you clean...
From: James Thursby <JThursby@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 23:13:14
Well Bob, I have had a little practice in this area. Here are my results. If
you can wipe the blood off immediately, I have found water to work best. Now
if it sits on the fiberglass for a while, (that would mean you stopped
working to take care of a measly little fingertip hanging off. Shame on
you!)  then I have found sanding the stains with 180 grit paper works well.
Now if you have some large spatters on it, i.e., rotary contusions
compliments of your drill press and a loose piece, (pillar drill for the
Brits) removal becomes harder. I leave these in the work to bleed through my
paintjob as a reminder as to how many quarts it took to complete the
project. I believe it now stands at 3-1/2 qts. This is according to the
wives measurements in paper towels expended on damage control.   In all
seriousness, you should remove the stains before any paint operations as
they could bleed (no pun intended) through to the surface finish. Not
likely, but I've seen it happen on white colors.

        Jim Thursby
           N814AT