RE: Aileron Layups & hinges

Subject: RE: Aileron Layups & hinges
From: David Glauser <dg@xpsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 08:44:32

On the advice of Kim Prout, based upon his experiences with wear on his
Europa, I did the following:
1) extended the inner hinge reinforcement to 16 inches instead of 8, so I
can install a small third hinge just outboard of the mass balance weight.
2) applied one extra ply to the entire flange/leading edge.

David Glauser

I have just completed the top side of my aileron, and I hope to do the
other side tomorrow.  I seem to recall some discussions about cracking in
the hinge area and hinge wear.  Could anyone offer some suggestions of
things I should be considering ?

Thanks,  Paul McAllister (Builder 363)

http://pma.obtero.net

<META NAME"Generator" CONTENT"MS Exchange Server version 5.0.1460.9">

<A HREF"http://pma.obtero.net"; TARGET"_blank">http://pma.obtero.net