manifold

Subject: manifold
From: Klaus Dietrich <101613.3377@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 12:36:25
Jim, Graham
I had the same experience with fuel in the manifold gauge in a Dimona a
couple of years back. It was one of the first one's equiped with  a VP prop
at that time. When I read your mail and when I discussed it with Jim, this
came to my mind again. As I didn't remember how it was fixed, I went to the
factory today to investigate. And surprise, surprise this problem was well
known in the past.......but doesn't occure anymore and it's easy to fix.
It's due to fuel condensation and the sucction which builds up in the
instrument. To avoid it, you just have to put a brass tube with a capilary
opening of about 0.3mm in to the hose which goes to the manifold
instrument.
On all Katanas/Dimonas this tube is fitted to the hose at about 20 - 30 cm
---From the alu tube where you take the manifold pressure and the hole is
positioned downwards.
That's it.......easy......just get a brass tube and a 0,3 mm drill and put
it in the manifold hose.

Klaus