Taxiing the Europa

Subject: Taxiing the Europa
From: Steve Genotte <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 16:45:29
Mr. Stoner,

First off, although it's sad to hear of the accident, I'm most happy to
hear no one was injured.  Thanks for the excellent description of the
event.

I'm wondering if you could speak to the sensation of speed while taxiing
the Europa, especially compared to that when moving an aircraft that
sits much higher, such as most tri-gear aircraft.  Is there a large
difference in visual/kinetic cues since you're relatively much closer to
the ground?

I realize this may be a rather academic question, but after reading
about G-BWON's accident I wondered if there is any difference that
someone transitioning to a Europa should be on the lookout for during
initial training.

Gratefully,

Steve Genotte