Re: Tailplane layup revisited

Subject: Re: Tailplane layup revisited
From: Gerry Holland <gnh@ddsc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 08:54:31
Steve Hi!

I guess we are all relieved that the cause of 'Tailplane irritation' has
been found. As someone who could join your team as a star player
regarding occurrences and errors my comment is, what wonderful materials
we work with!
Certainly wood or Aluminium would be a lot less forgiving.

I put Rudder hinges on the wrong way round - removed them 'scarfed back
area', repaired area, refitted and have an excellently strong hinge line
with additional attachment using Nuts and Bolts.

Pip Pins - Disaster!!
One side perfect, the other worked but felt less than secure.

'Reamed' out both to next size 3/8". Its fine.

The moral is that the options available to 'put right' are endless when
faced with disaster. Its all about 'flying' up the Learning curve!

Well done! And it gets better all the time.

Will you be at Sun & Fun in April?

Regards

Gerry
Gerry Holland