Cockpit Module Ripples

Subject: Cockpit Module Ripples
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 09:00:11

Hello everyone,

I was trimming my cockpit module last night and I noticed that there were
some ripples in the fibreglass on certain points on the outside surface.

One of them is quite high, maybe 1/8 of an inch running along one of the
corners on the side of the module, while the others were smaller on the
bottom.  Both would require a great deal of Redux to eliminate all air
bubbles.

Reading ahead, I determined that the manual tells me to sand ripples down in
the cockpit module only if the fibres are not cut.  What can I do?

Brian

P.S.  The manual seems to show two oval holes cut into the center concole,
but I can't find trim lines for them or any other indication of size and
placement.

P.P.S. Graham said that brushes should only be used to get fibreglass in
closeouts and other difficult places, but I have found one other place that
they are invaluable - getting the leading edge wet out without changing the
fibre orientation.