Re: Starter Cable

Subject: Re: Starter Cable
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 08:47:34
The wiring kit sold by Lakeland uses 4 Awg here. I haven't heard any
comments about how well it works.

I agree that 2 Awg "feels" right but the current draw from a Europa
electrical system by my calculations comes well within the capacity of a 4
Awg cable so the only concern is cranking current. I very much suspect that
4 Awg will do the job nicely for the 912 and 914 - it's not as if we are
cranking over a 4 cylinder Lycoming!

If you are planning to put a 912S in then I would tend towards 2 Awg as it
the cranking current will be higher (also note Europa's recommendation to
use a 32Ah battery with the 912S).

Tony