Misc Questions ??

Subject: Misc Questions ??
From: JohnJMoran@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 10:30:06

Several unrelated questions:

1) I am considering small NACA extractor vents - perhaps 2 inches wide - under
the seats. These would vent the cockpit somewhat - airflow would be impeded by
having to travel around the blue foam and cushions - and also provide a drain
in case of a fuel leak from a filter as re-located under the seat. Is this
location reasonable or would it affect structural strength unduly?

2) I would like to add nutplates on the rudder and servo tab hinges and wonder
why this wasn't done as standard?  Is there a problem with using nutplates
here?

3) The box which holds the throttle lever does not have a drain.  While I
don't expect to collect water here, it seems that dust and dirt will fall
through the slot and collect in the bottom.  Should a drain hole be included
to let the dirt out and, if so,  how should one prevent water/dirt thrown up
by the wheel from entering? My DAR suggested a "seaplane" type vent, which is
apparently a small fairing pointed aft over the drain.

John   A044