Re: TP6's and transferred strain

Subject: Re: TP6's and transferred strain
From: Martin J.Tuck <102034.2747@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 15:13:05
Re: TP6's and transferred strain

This is not the first time someone has had their TP6's unbond - but I think
we may have found a better reason why. However (although I chewed up the
surfaces nicely with a hacksaw blade for a good bond) because of typical
Kansas roads I still don't plan on locating the tailplanes on the trailer -
particularly as the long vertical locating tubes on the trailer are a
fairly tight fit - I guess because of the paint thickness on the tubes.
I'll lay them in the back of my car once the seats are folded down.

I don't believe there is any chance of the tailplanes sliding down the
tailplane pivot tube in-flight as the pip pin goes through the upper skin
(pin recess actually) so can't see how they can move.

Fortunately, my locating end pins are a tight fit anyway and don't appear
to have any slop (famous last words) which would promote flexing of the TP6
sleeve.

As for my Oil pressure gauge problem ... it seems obvious now that you
should use the Mitchell senders if you use Mitchell instruments. The right
senders haven't arrived yet but it seems as though that might be a sensible
solution - or at least a start.

Regards

Martin Tuck
N152MT