The Administrator

Subject: The Administrator
From: Fergus Kyle <fkyle@bigwave.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 08:54:06
Cheers:
   We get such fine service from our net that I am loathe to rasie any
complaint! So, along with my thanks please accept this observation in
the spirit in which it's inrended.......
   Every time I select this address, I get a return message which
informs me that the "Administrator" is unable to deliver the missive to
-

YARMOUTH/VENTURE/BAO.

   Now I know there isn't really any administrator - he/she/it is just a
software program - just as there isn't any "server" - it's given a human
face just so we poor fools won't worry we're being manipulated by "Hal".
'Best before' means rotten after. Professional means commercial.

   Nevertheless I went for it and attempted to inform the
'Administrator' of this obsession with Mr. Venture in Yarmouth, BAO,
WAO. I was rebuffed. Apparently, the server believes that 'Hello' is not
a command and so I got several pages of unabridged advice - some of
which I find (a) offensive and (b) physically tiring.

    Perhaps someone UP THERE can convonce the administrator from
allowing his servant to fool with Venture in Yarmouth and I won't get
many more of these dunning notices.....

    Other than that, Happy landings
Ferg