Re: The last hundred feet

Subject: Re: The last hundred feet
From: Gerry Holland <gnh@ddsc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 17:31:43
This message was to Fergus but on his suggestion I am forwarding it to
as information re. AOA

As a low time PPL continuing forward with Europa build (would LIKE to
complete by Summer 2000!) its something I will fit.

I am now fitting out the XS Wings so the time has come to consider which
system. My List is as follows and I would be interested to know if you
have any additional Suppliers:
Lift Reserve Indicator. This is my preferred option at moment based on
cost/effectiveness although fitment of another Pitot type device to
Wings that are removed and stowed adds concern! I do like the 'analogue'
Display Instrument.

http://www.liftreserve.com/
Proprietary Software Systems AOA. This option is very neat using
internal Wing fitment with flush mounted 'ports'. I have full details of
this option if you have not already got them. A Coloured Display
Instrument 'mimics' a Carrier based Aircraft type visual cue.
Its other advantage is that you can purchase 'Wing' hardware initially
at $300 and then complete install later with an additional $1200.

A 'lite' version will be available Spring 99 its hoped!

'Rite Angle' is another option with all details at:

http://www.riteangle.com/
Some other info can be found at:

http://www.monmouth.com/~jsd/fly/how/htm/aoa.html

Would be interested in your thoughts on 'what and who' to choose.

Regards and Best Wishes for 1999

Gerry

Bldr No 384
Gerry Holland