One last try.....

Subject: One last try.....
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 19:03:22
Message text written by Fergus Kyle
>I am about to stick cores to spar and am making one
last attempt at arranging for a route for the NEW Static/Pitot tubing
and hopefully a similar route for aileron trim motor cabling.<

Hi Kyle, sorry you were not helped earlier than this. I haven't done this
job yet, waiting for the annual return to the workshop. However I don't
think it's a problem.

The two lines, pitot and static should run along the corners of the flap
close out from the root to the outboard pushrod tunnel, the one for the
short pushrod. This the one you meant? From there it will be easy to bury
both pipes in the foam , top and bottom of the tunnel. Then a straight line
to the hole in the core where the pitot static assembly sits.  On second
thoughts you could bury both tubes all the way from root to pitot just
under the bottom skin provided you do not compromise the bond between skin
and foam at all. The foam is important because it stops the skin buckling
(under compression loads, )

The most suitable tubing is the 1/4" OD hard nylon high pressure stuff, for
which there are neat small and light push on connectors, bends, tees etc.
Even some that screw into the back of the instruments. It might be possible
to use 3/16" OD tube but the damping just might be excessive. Ask the
glider boys who have a long run to their pitot mounted on the fin.

Graham