1370 lbs

Subject: 1370 lbs
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 19:14:09
A bit of promising news. PFA have said that testing the wing alone will be
enough to clear the Mk I Europa to 1370 lbs all up weight,, rather than the
full fuselage wing combination that was demanded for the XS. This means a
big cost saving for our friends at Kirkbymoorside so they are going to
break a pair of foam core wings on our behalf.
 Fingers crossed, folks. Thats several tons of lead shot. Has to be seen to
be believed. I was there when they did 4.5 G. You wouldn't believe how
those wings bend.

Graham