Spark Plug Goo for Rotax Engines

Subject: Spark Plug Goo for Rotax Engines
From: gstout@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 08:23:44

The following was picked up off the net and I thought it might be of
interest to Europa fliers.  I had never heard of this before.  Does anyone
out there have any experience with this?  What is it's purpose?  Where do
you get it?

ood Morning
The following is a new plug bulletin note taken from the KF
list written by Richard Schif.
Happy Hydroaviation!
Bill

The Rotax Owners web site has a relatively new
Service Information Bulletin, 15 UL 97 Revision 2 Spark
Plugs for ROTAX Engines 912/914 (series) (added Nov. 2/98),
which includes a new requirement that a Silicone Heat
Conduction Compound be put on the spark plug threads.
LEAF didn't have any in stock as it's a new item - expected
to take two
weeks for delivery.

The website is <http://www.rotax-owner.com/>.

Regards,