Rev Counter

Subject: Rev Counter
From: David Watts <dwatts@ns1.avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 21:54:41
After all the chat recently about inacurate rev counters on our Europas,
admittedly of the annalogue variety, it got me to windering about our
aircraft. We have got one of the Grand Rapid EIS Engine Monitors which is a
completely digital affair.
Yesterday I took my hand held optical tachometer flying with me and to my
relief (as I in fact really expected) the EIS is very accurate over the
whole engine RPM range. I in fact found no trouble in obtaining readings
through the windscreen in flight with the hand held unit.

Dave Watts 'XDY
(Now with 190 hours on the clock and 2 weeks to go to our 1st birthday
party. Will we get past the 200 hour mark in that time?)