Re: Cleanliness is next to..

Subject: Re: Cleanliness is next to..
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 19:28:46
In a message dated 29/09/98  11:49:00,  roger@europa-aircraft.co.uk writes:

<< For the record the Rotax 912 UL installation manual edition 2 dated
26/3/97, and the Rotax 912F installation manual edition 0 dated 22/12/94 both
state:

 ATTENTION;  A fine filter with mesh size 0.1 mm has to be installed up stream
of the fuel pump.
                         Dry type filter elements (paper filter) are not
permitted as they could absorb water and thus reducing flowrate. >>

Then I have been badly served, as my installation manual is dated Sept.89 ,
(for an engine delivered in 95) and there has been no update. It gives the
mesh size as 0.3mm and does not mention paper filters. And Rotax don't mention
car filters.

All this is entirely academic as the experiments I carried out verified that
the car filters I have used do not have a water problem, whatever the material
may be.  This is a positive contribution to what has caused serious situations
for some of us and should be treated accordingly.

Graham Clarke G-EMIN