Cleanliness is next to....

Subject: Cleanliness is next to....
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 06:38:26
I was dismayed to see the article in the latest Europa Flyer about this forced
landing, as I suffered exactly the same problem and the same trauma  early
this year and reported it to Europa and PFA.  In my case it was followed
(after cleaning the filter) by TWO further incidents,  same component but with
different cause (air leak). See message in this forum 25.6 98 "Bubble
bubble...".
The PFA approved the fitting of two filters one in each outlet from the tank,
so you have a new one available in flight whatever the problem with the
first,. and the use of sealed car type filters which cannot be assembled with
a leak. The Purolator can "by design", due to those 0 rings sitting on a
rounded end. The car ones have bigger surface area too.

Graham C G-EMIN