Fuel tank/wing spar foul

Subject: Fuel tank/wing spar foul
From: William S. Stewart <bill@helixsys.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 09:13:03
Yesterday I received a bulletin from the factory which said, in part, "We
have noticed on the internet some discussion concerning a foul between the
fuel tank and the wing spars."

I have been monitoring this net since April 27, 1998 and have not seen
anything about this problem.  Is there another internet forum for Europa
builders that I don't know about?

It is unfortunate for me that I did not know about this problem before I
bonded in the cockpit module, as it now appears that the starboard spar
will not fit due to the placement of the fuel tank (which is exactly as
specified in the manual).

I am not sure how to go about moving the fuel tank, but I doubt that it is
a pleasant experience.  So if you are an XS builder who does not have wings
that is about to install the fuel tank, check this closely.  The real spar
is much wider than the dummy spar.

Regards.

Bill Stewart, A098 (N6LB)
Tarpon Springs, FL, USA