Re: Europa_Mail:Fuel for thought

Subject: Re: Europa_Mail:Fuel for thought
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 17:33:28
In a message dated 21/09/98  16:21:12,  Tennant@t-online.de writes:

<< Has anybody else had such an experience?? >> (Fuel funnies)

Yes I have had some weird things like that.  e.g. fuel  spontaneously
siphoning out of the vents on a hot day, and also while filling.

And having fitted fitted two sight gauges at the front of the tunnel, it can
be seen that they rarely agree, even though I use a spirit level for lateral
alignment. This is caused by the fuel column becoming separated (by air) into
one or more parts, probably during filling or turbulence. Fuel seems to be
able to suspend itself in the vent outlet by surface tension and this
subtracts from the visible reading. If you have enough puff to blow the sight
gauge vent so that the column disappears into the tank, then you may see these
bits go by, and will end up with a bubble free system ... until next time.
The "ASI" gauge is now approved and is free from such troubles.

Graham C. G-EMIN