Epoxy-glass ratio........query

Subject: Epoxy-glass ratio........query
From: Fergus Kyle <fkyle@bigwave.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 19:22:02
Cheers,
    A propos of the epoxy/glass ratio thing, I had no idea there was a
useable standard......  I guess there must be, to allow for calculations
of inventory...somehow Bob and Ivan seem to know (or know those who
do!).

    However, I've just finished my second front-of-wing assembly (pages
7-10/11/12 etc) of my manual. In the starboard wing I managed to embed
1250 grams of epoxy, dry micro, nicro and flox. With my Jenny mixing
elixirs, I did it myself. It took 4-1/2 hours.

     Today, with Jenny and very able help from a local Lancair builder,
I managed to hide 1560 grams in the port wing (bi-axial covering of
cores W1P, w2P and W3P). ....aaand it only took 4-1/2 hours. I have no
idea, because there were no pauses (correction -- one orangejuice
halfway) and we were constant in our task.

     Lord, I hope "factory" won't raise an observation on the amounts.
Now, I realise the two wings have different areas, but this does not
account for the difference. Next I well weight both sets ro see what the
difference in mass density might be.

      Any suggestions?

Happy Landings,
Ferg #A064 (219)