Re: Reference Books

Subject: Re: Reference Books
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 09:33:40
> Gidday again,
> In the back of Kitplanes are 2 books advertised. They are Composite Basics
> 4th Edition & Understanding Aircraft Composite Construction. Both sound
> suitable references for building a  Europa but if anyone has noticed the
> way world currencies, especially in Asia, are falling against the US, I
> want to purchase the right one from the word "go". Any tips as to which
> would be the best for "room temperature cured layup  techniques and
> material science.

I believe that the Composite Basics book is the one that I bought, but I
cannot really recommend it for Europa builders.  It has some very nice
stuff on composite repair and advanced composites, but little or nothing
on room temperature cured layups.

(I will double check later today and post a retraction if I have the book
mixed up with another)

Brian