Re: Manual Confusion???

Subject: Re: Manual Confusion???
From: JohnJMoran@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 09:55:52
Hi Tony,

Core 6  originally had lightening holes and was changed to be solid apparently
to provide more support for the walkway as well as additional buckle strength
for the more highly stressed inner section of the wing.  Unfortunately the
manual was never updated.

In the old thin blue manual there is a note on figure 21 pointing to the
dashed line which says "Layup will come to here".

As to venting the outboard section of the wing, I hollowed the wingtip a bit
and made holes through to this hollowed section. This connects to the exterior
via the plastic conduit placed for wiring.

In the tailplanes I made holes  into the center section through which the
torque tube passes, between the metal sleeves.  Seems like this should provide
a reasonable vent without possibility of water ingress.  Now I'm wavering on
whether to drill vent holes in the closeouts too -- seems Europa would have
specified the center section if it were adequate, perhaps holes here could get
plugged?  Since the tailplane closeouts are vertical on the plane and on the
trailer, water ingress shouldn't be a problem.

Regards,    John    A044