Oshkosh Feedback - neat toys to have...

Subject: Oshkosh Feedback - neat toys to have...
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 11:01:21
As usual there were some very nice toys at Oshkosh.

Hot on the list were...

Angle of attack indicator - yours for a mere USD1350
Drill one hole in the upper surface, two in the lower (one is a water drain),
plumb back two air hoses to the computer control box, make a calibration
flight and you too can make tomcat like landings if you can find a spare
aircraft carrier.

The Concorde.
Still the prettiest bird in the sky. Yours for a mere zillion dollars.

Microair's 2 1/4" panel radio. At USD850 this has to be the best bargain
around. It even includes an intercom.

Roland's combined vinyl cutter and scanner. Roll it over the image you want
and out comes a stick on vinyl copy. Now you can copy the ejection seat
markings off your friend's F15!

ANR headsets. A must have but expensive from the major manufacturers. Roll
your own for only USD160.

Nuts and bolts at bargain prices at the flymart.

The Europa XS wings. Lots of early builders looking on enviously and say
things like "of course I wouldn't have missed building mine for anything".

The Rotax 912S, followed closely by the Jabiru 6 cylinder.

Permagrit tools. How anyone can build a composite aircraft without these I
just don't know.

UMA's new instrument lighting system. Electrolumiscent backplates for 3 1/8
and 2 1/4 inch instruments - each drawing a mere 10mA.

The new Aircraft Spruce catalogue.

I think my feet have now recovered!

Tony

Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz