Taildragger memories?

Subject: Taildragger memories?
From: Steve Genotte <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 22:42:40
Fellow Europaphiles,

I'm doing my best to struggle out from under the effects of PODS.  (Post
Oshkosh Depression Syndrome).  Something about no longer being around
airplanes day in and day out leaves one feeling a bit blue.  Part of my
effort to get past this is a redoubling of my effort to keep current in
tail draggers.  This should not only bring my sprits up but also help
make insuring my (yet to be started) Europa easier.  I heard one tale of
woe in which a newly finished aircraft could not be insured until its
owner had 50 hours of conventional gear time in his logbook.

To that end I'm to start checking out in a Cessna 120 in a day or so.
I'd be very grateful if any of you can give me some pointers about this
rather quaint looking plane.  All of my previous experience has been in
a J-3 Cub so any comparisons between the two are also welcome.

Cheers,

Steve Genotte
Dallas, TX