Pitot Static head

Subject: Pitot Static head
From: Captain Edsky <bizzarro@easynet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 11:32:31
Hi all

We didn't install the extra tube for a static source in the wing, but I am
starting to get the impression that we have made a mistake because  at the
PFA rally I saw so many Europas with the mod. Personally, I would have
prefered to run the extra tube, but the other members of the group didn't
see the point at the time. Therefore, my question is, just how inaccurate
does the original static setup make the ASI and ALT. readings?
And would anyone consider that it is worth putting a static source in the
other wing (which is not fully built yet). At the moment it is not too late
but within the next month it will be, as I see little option to do the mod
afterwards.

Cheers ED