Pitot Plumbing

Subject: Pitot Plumbing
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 19:46:54
Gidday,
I am just about to launch into my wings and am considering the plumbing of
the pitot. Firstly, I would like the option of mounting a wing mounted
static in the future and to that end I will need a hole big enough through
my 1P  and 1S blocks to accomodate 2 pieces of tubing. This will lead to a
hole in the order of 20 mm dia. A PFA Mod Summary recently appeared  some
time ago and stated that wing mounted combined pitot/static sources were
about the most common mod, and therefore I would like to ask  if it would
be  adviseable to recess a square of approx 50 mm square for 2 plies of BID
prior to the rib layup, centred on the hole, for rib reinforcement. Whilst
I think about holes in ribs, would the wiring for future nav lights need a
conduit greater than 12 mm (1/2")? ( I sincerely doubt it!)
Any advice would be appreciated
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Builder No 236