Re: Re: Battery

Subject: Re: Re: Battery
From: Jerry <jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 08:24:12
It sounds very similar to the battery we have sold to around 20 Europa
builders. Ours is a 13 amphr version and weighs under 5 kg. Starting
capacity is excellant. However don't leave them flat it kills them very
quickly! early versions of the battery we sell could be damaged by
overtightening the terminals. This seems to have been overcome by new more
tolerant terminal design.

Jerry

                                         Flying Hi - Wish I was

----------
> From: Robert L. Nuckolls, III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
> Subject: Re: Battery
> Date: 07 July 1998 23:53
>
> >>Just stumbled over an announcement of a swedish firm for their
"Long-life
> >>Battery" called "OrangeTop":
> >>
> >>- closed lead battery type with spiral wound cells instead of
traditional
> >>flat ones
> >>- no checking / topping up required as it does'nt leak or gas
> >>- delivers same level of current as conventional units two or three
times
> >>its size
> >>- life cycle between 9000 to 12000 cycles (compared to around 4000 for
> >>conventional units)
> >>- long shell life
> >>- two year warranty
> >>
> >>Contact:
> >>Gylling Optima Batteries AB
> >>PO Box 742
> >>18217 Danderyd, Sweden
> >>Tel: +46-8-6223237
> >>Fax: +46-8-6223290
> >>refer to Electronic Product News 6/98, Info No. EPN 4056
> >>
> >> sorry, no e-mail or web access given
> >>
> >>HAND
> >>Karl
> >
> >I hope this may be of interest - I don't know if the batteries quoted
are
> >at all suitable for aviation use, maybe someone else here has that
answer.

> >Also if there is anyone else here afflicted with "Ozwin" who knows how
> >make it reply to all, perhaps they could contact Karl
> ><100725.3150@compuserve.com> direct with advice. (If all else fails,
Karl,