Re: New

Subject: Re: New
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 06:31:18
In a message dated 14/06/98  09:45:34,  shoopdj@aramco.com.sa writes:

<< I'm still curious as to how the Europa handles ON THE GROUND with a 20 kt
 X-wind and no differential braking possible with a mono-wheel.  Is the tail
 wheel that authoritative?  Some of the older tail-draggers can't taxi
 properly in 20 kt winds even with differential braking on 2 main wheels.

I wouldn't go anywhere near a 20 kt wind from the beam while taxying . The
sideforce can lift the upwind wing (the opposite outrigger bends) and  if you
are near stationary, the tail lifts and  disaster looms  Very difficult to
decide whether the stick should be forward or aft, and no time to experiment.

Graham C  G-EMIN