Re: BNC vs $$

Subject: Re: BNC vs $$
From: JohnJMoran@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 09:55:53

I count 3 BNC's needed for my radio and TXP so a $50 tool works out to about
$16.66 per connection which would be a new record for me.  Time to warm up the
old soldering iron, methinks.

My previous records for uses per $ were:

     3 1/8 hole saw:   $30 for 3 holes             $10/use
      5mm tap:           $7 for 2 holes              $3.5/use
      Hole saw            $4.50 for 2 holes         $2.25/use
     12mm tap:          $13 for 6                     $2.16/use

I bought AMP Mate-N-Lok connectors for the panel/fuselage connection, where
there will be about 50 crimps required.  Any suggestions for a reasonably
priced crimper to use here?

Sure would be nice if we could figure out a tool sharing arrangement for
builders since so many tools are only needed for a short time.

Regards,   Shallowpockets