Re: Small turbine

Subject: Re: Small turbine
From: Mike <zeus@myth.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 00:07:27
Graham Singleton wrote:

> Very well explained, Steve. Turbines work but only if you can cruise at
> high speed, Mach.8 plus and high altitude. 35,000 plus.

I don't know many helicopters that do that. You do need some form of
free power turbine arrangement (turboprop etc). I suppose you could
always get a couple of those iddy-biddy model JPX turbines and strap
them to the wings. I'm not totally sure they'd get approval though...

Mike.

P.S. Who's volunteering to nip over to Slingsby Aviation and see if they
have a spare turbine or two?