Gee Thanks

Subject: Gee Thanks
From: Andrew S. Wainwright <AndrewW@executek.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 21:51:29
How's this for bad luck... In talking to my girlfriend and her boss at
work (The company she works for is a client of mine).  We recently got
bought out by a larger company and her boss asked, "So why haven't you
bought your DC-3 already"  (I'm typed in a Super DC-3)  I told him that
I was going to start building an airplane in January.  He said,
"Everyone I know who does that ends up dead."

Took some recovery with the girlfriend after that comment.
Had to talk about 'hot' little homebuilts that stall at high speeds and
get ahead of their pilots.  And how the Europa was such a nice,
pleasant, friendly airplane.  I'll test fly the Europa in August, then
probably take my girlfriend up there in October when she first goes out
to the UK.. I'll make sure I prep the factory on selling how safe the
airplane is.

Isn't it amazing how many problems you can cause by one sentence, and
how much it takes to recover that.  Ah well.

-Andrew
Building XS number ???
Starting January 1999.

"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."
Brower